Bee House Setup
- Select a location that faces S to SE. Morning sun is optimal to warm the bees so they can begin to fly. Provide afternoon shade in hot locations that are consistently above 90℉.
- Install bee house on a sturdy wall or fence, at eye level for easy observation of bee activity, and at least 5 ft. from the ground to protect from pests and predators.
- Locate the house within 300 ft. of your flowers.
- Position your bee house away from bird feeders and birdhouses.
- The keyhole back makes installation easy--just hang the bee house on a screw or nail.
- In the fall or winter, uninstall the bee house for storage. This will improve the longevity of the house.
Bee House Tips
- It may take longer than a year for wild cavity-nesting bees to find your bee house and move in. To increase pollination in your garden this spring, purchase mason bees for your house.
- A bee-friendly garden is free of lawn and garden chemicals. Chemical scents can deter bees from nesting in your yard.
- To get started, visit Crown Bees for healthy bee cocoons and accessories to attract, protect and store your bees.
Cleaning Your Bee House
Bees prefer clean nests! Simply use a stiff bristle brush to remove remaining debris from the trays. Reassemble nesting trays by aligning the side notches, ensuring that the nesting holes are snug and there are no gaps. Store over winter with cardboard backing, foam and rubber bands attached to trays.
|Dimensions||7.7"h x 8.25"w x 7.8"d|
Love this bee house
I was thrilled to get this mason bee cabin in the mail. The instructions were clear and it seems well-built and looks very attractive hanging against the post in my yard. I got some mason bee cocoons in the mail and have inserted them in the attic of the Bee house. I am anxious to see how many of them make a nest. We can never have too many pollinators so I feel like I am helping the environment.
Mason Bee Cabin
We received our cabin and hung it on our fence facing south - it is very well made. We just received our bee cocoons and have placed them in the attic compartment. Waiting to observe the bee activity.
Well made product
The mason bee cabin is very well built. All edges are sanded to a smooth finish. It is paint ready if you wish to add color. The wood appears to be cedar which, for me, will weather nicely on my cedar fence. I did need to add a piece of molding to the back bottom (see photo) to keep the cabin from leaning too far forward on the d-ring ( a minor issue). The attic "door" is held in place by plastic tabs that seem securely attached an easy to open and close. Instructions for placement were clear and helpful. I am looking foreword to housing more pollinators for my garden.
Hello John, Thank you for your review on More Wings™ Mason Bee Cabin. We are so glad to hear that you are looking forward to housing more pollinators and this is very well built! If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Team at 1-800-352-9164. Thank you for flying with our flock!