Bee House Setup
- Select a location that faces S to SE. Morning sun is optimal to warm the bees so they can begin to fly. Provide afternoon shade in hot locations that are consistently above 90℉.
- Install bee house on a sturdy wall or fence, at eye level for easy observation of bee activity, and at least 5 ft. from the ground to protect from pests and predators.
- Locate the house within 300 ft. of your flowers.
- Position your bee house away from bird feeders and birdhouses.
- The keyhole back makes installation easy--just hang the bee house on a screw or nail.
- In the fall or winter, uninstall the bee house for storage. This will improve the longevity of the house.
Bee House Tips
- It may take longer than a year for wild cavity-nesting bees to find your bee house and move in. To increase pollination in your garden this spring, purchase mason bees for your house.
- A bee-friendly garden is free of lawn and garden chemicals. Chemical scents can deter bees from nesting in your yard.
- To get started, visit Crown Bees for healthy bee cocoons and accessories to attract, protect and store your bees.
Cleaning Your Bee House
Bees prefer clean nests! Simply use a stiff bristle brush to remove remaining debris from the trays. Reassemble nesting trays by aligning the side notches, ensuring that the nesting holes are snug and there are no gaps. Store over winter with cardboard backing, foam and rubber bands attached to trays.
|Dimensions||7.7"h x 8.25"w x 7.8"d|
Mason bee condo
Received mason bee condo as part of the company's sampling program. Condo arrived promptly and in good shape . The bee condo is as appears online. The condo has a metal loop on the back and I used a picture hanger to hang the condo from my backyard fence. During the winter it would probably be a good idea to store the bee house indoors out to the weather to keep it clean and maximize the life of the unit. I also received mason bee cocoons and many have hatched. I haven't noticed any bee activity around the condo yet but the bees have probably dispersed around the neighborhood. Hopefully, I'll have some mason bees to help pollinate the vegetables and fruit trees in my yard.
Hello Randy S. Thank you for your review on More Wings™ Condo Mason Bee House. We are delighted to see your overall satisfaction with this mason bee house and its many great features! We appreciate your recommendation as well! If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Team at 1-800-352-9164. Thank you for flying with our flock!
Wonderful Mason Bee House
The Mason Bee House I ordered came very quickly and in great condition. I put it out immediately and ordered Mason Bee cocoons from Crown Bees with the discount code I received from More Birds. The cocoons have arrived and hatched successfully in the "nursery" included with the Mason Bee house. Now that they are in my yard thriving, I have noticed some returning to the house and exploring the nesting cavity. Very fun to watch!
Hello Elizabeth H. Thank you for your review on More Wings™ Condo Mason Bee House. We are so glad to hear that you love this Mason Bee House and your mason bees are thriving! If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Team at 1-800-352-9164. Thank you for flying with our flock!
Mason Bee Condo
Love the Mason Bee Condo. Sturdy construction with an easy install ring on the back. I like the attic hatchery where they will be safe while they hatch. Unfortunately crown bees told me it is too warm (above 75 in afternoons) where I live (East Texas) to ship me the bees even though things are just starting to bloom here. I will try to order them next year earlier.
Hi Laurie, We're so sorry to hear that you were unable to order bee cocoons! You can redeem your coupon next year when Crown Bees resumes shipping cocoons. We hope this information helps!
Very nice product
Received this this month and found a sunny and protected spot. The construction appears to be very solid and the fit and finish is great. I would recommend metal latches for the breeding area over plastic. A little more description on the purpose on the breeding area would help new breeders. We just received our first bees and are awaiting their hatching.
Hi Larry, Thank you for taking the time to offer your suggestions. We are always looking for ways to improve the birding experience for backyard birds and backyard birders, and the ideas and suggestions of innovative, thinking people are always welcome.
Love my bee house!
Received my bee house and love the design. I've got it sitting next to my other Mason Bee structure waiting for residents!