Feed birds (not squirrels!) and discourage bully birds with the revolutionary Squirrel-X5 Squirrel-Proof Bird Feeder! If a squirrel tries to feed on any of the 6 spring-loaded perches, the X5’s integrated design shuts every port simultaneously, stopping racketeering rodents right in their tracks. 6 adjustable comfort perches provide bird selectivity, and their durable, round design attract a wide variety bird species. Adjustable weight springs are easily accessible on the base to change weights of closure mechanism to keep out larger “bully” birds like Grackles, Doves, and Blackbirds - simply adjust the central tension spring post to feed the birds of your choice! The X5 disassembles into 3 simple sections for thorough cleaning. The extra tall tube design hinders squirrels from reaching the seed ports from the roof, while its generous 3.7 lbs. seed capacity lasts longer between fillings. The wide opening, push-and-twist metal locking lid quickly removes for effortless refilling, while the metal port hoods and built-in baffle keep moisture out. With a rugged metal die-cast frame, elegant dome design and oil-rubbed bronze finish, the Squirrel-X5 combines strength & style to bring you the ultimate in squirrel-resistant bird feeding and your best defense against squirrels!
- Keep out squirrels and larger “bully” birds like Grackles, Doves, and Blackbirds – simply adjust the central tension spring post to feed the birds of your choice!
- Integrated spring-loaded perch design shuts every port simultaneously with the weight of a squirrel or larger bird on any perch
- Intuitive green tension indicator on spring post makes tension adjustment easy – no disassembly required!
- 6 rounded “comfort perches” attract a wider variety of birds, while being length-adjustable for bird selectivity
- Feeder disassembles into 3 simple sections for thorough cleaning
- Wide opening, push-and-twist metal locking lid quickly removes for effortless refilling
Placement to deter squirrels: The key to keeping a feeder successfully squirrel-proofed is the placement. Place a bird feeder 4 feet from the ground and 8 feet from anything a squirrel can jump from. When hanging from a pole by a hook, it is recommended that the hook have at least a 16” distance from the pole. Placing a baffle on the pole or having a caged feeder will also help to ensure squirrel-proof success.
Cleaning: Please! For the sake of the birds, keep your feeder clean! Dirty feeders spread disease. We recommend disinfecting your bird feeders once a month in winter and more often in hot and humid weather. Soak all parts in a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water. Use a bird feeder brush to brush away grime inside the tube. Then remove any hardware and clean with a solution of mild soap and water, rinsing thoroughly. Refill when completely dry.